Glotmorf on 7 May 2002 03:48:41 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: NWEEK 14 RESULTS

On 5/7/02 at 3:24 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>Proposal 645/0 (Wake Me When Yer Done, Dear) (Glotmorf):
>AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, Glotmorf, The Voice, Wild Card,
>ABS: Congenital Optimist, rachel,
>Counts: (5-0-2-0). Measure passes.
>Measure is vetoed by the Administrator.
>[[ Technical difficulties in implementation, and general pain-in-the-ass
>factor on the parts of everyone involved. This revision, as written, would
>lead to half-days and a whole lot of strangeness. May I suggest something
>like this to take its place:
>
>At the end of each nweek, a Writ of Delay for one day is automatically
>issued, without any action required on the part of the Administrator. If,
>at the end of that day, the results of the previous nweek's voting have
>not yet been issued by the Administrator, a Writ of More Delay (one day)
>is automatically issued. [[ This process intentionally cuts off after two
>days, so that the game won't get caught in an infinite loop that could
>conceivably circumvent even Rule Zero. ]]
>
>]]
>Glotmorf scores 9 points.

And what about the third day that the results don't appear?  I'm not saying it has happened; I'm not saying you would intentionally let it happen.  I'm saying it can happen.  Your computer dies.  You lose internet access.  Your new girlfriend's ex-boyfriend comes over and breaks your fingers, your legs and various other parts of your anatomy, and it takes more than a day to learn to type with your nose.

What sort of alternative that allows for an indefinite delay short of the seven-day timeout in Rule Zero might you consider?

						Glotmorf