Wonko on 30 Apr 2002 00:57:46 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: RESULTS, nweek 13

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 4/29/02 at 1:28 AM David E. Smith wrote:
>
>> Proposal 601/1 (The first rule is, you don't talk about it)
>> (Congenital Optimist):
>> AFF: Congenital Optimist, Glotmorf, Naath, Wild Card
>> NEG: Baron von Skippy, Iain, The Reality Police, The Voice, Wonko
>> ABS: Rob
>> SHL: Bean
>> Counts: (4-5-1-1). Measure fails.
>> Congenital Optimist loses 4 points.
>
> Mr. A, this prop was a Charter Prop.  As per Rule 631 (created by Prop 586), a
> Charter Prop only fails if 2/3 of the votes were against it.  Are you counting
> Abstain and Shelve votes as being against it?

But as per the much lower numbered rule 32, "...the proposals that have
received a majority of affirmative votes out of all votes they received are
deemed to have passed. The others are deemed to have failed."

32 takes precedence; 601 fails.

You could propose to fixe 631, but if you do then I'm turning all my props
into club props that repeal the club rules as soon as they're done so I can
get props in easily.

--
Wonko