Gavin Doig on 19 Apr 2002 12:08:13 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: running in football

> Guys...Is there any reason why I can't declare the
> path I'll follow as I'm running in Football?  Stating
> that I'm going to do something in one of the
> squares as I pass through?

I'm afraid so.

R301: "Once per nweek, any Player on the Grid may announce that e intends to move to a new (x,y) coordinate location. Unless otherwise prescribed by the rules, Players may only move from eir current location to any of the units surround eir current location."
R394: "If a player is playing Football, instead of moving as specified in rule 301, e may move to any location which is less than or equal to three units from eir current location."

Although R394 allows you to move to within 3 units, you can still only move once. Moving, so far as I can tell, consists of going from (x, y) to (x', y'). I see nothing to indicate that you pass through any of the intervening locations ("travelling without moving", one might say). To do what you want to do would be 2 separate moves - one from your start to the intermediate location, and another from there to your destination.

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup