Wonko on 18 Apr 2002 04:20:02 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Let's get this party started...

Quoth Alex Truelsen,

> Okay, there is a plan here, so if ya'll could let these through, I'll be
> much obliged. The end result will be quite nice. By the way, are there any
> Hitchiker's Guide fans in the house?
>
> Cheers,
> BvS
>
> {{
> __Gnomes Up the Wazoo__
>
> Create a new rule titled __Gnomes up the Wazoo__ with a Chutzpah of 2 and
> the following MUAHAHA delimited text:
>
> MUAHAHA
> There exist Gnomes of type Water. Water Gnomes have 3 hit points. A Water
> Gnome may be squeezed at the cost of one of er hit points to make a Sponge
> wet or create a Brook at the square the squeezing player is standing on.
> Water Gnomes may not be Squeezed in Limbo.

You might want to specify that a player holding a Water Gnome may squeeze
it... this allows me to squeeze a Gnome you're holding to wet a sponge of
mine...

Also, 'er' isn't a word. See r7, "Spivak Pronouns".

> There exist Gnomes of type Air.
>
> There exist Gnomes of type Earth. Earth Gnomes have 3 hit points. An Earth
> Gnome may be squeezed at the cost of one of er hit points to turn the Brook
> the squeezing player is standing in into Mud. Earth Gnomes may not be
> Squeezed in Limbo.

"The Brook the squeezing player is standing on"? So, hypothetically, what
happens if, by some staggering coincidence, a player with an Earth Gnome
isn't standing on a Brook? I mean, I'm sure that's not likely to happen,
because you know, there are so many brooks on the Grid right now... I count
at least zero!

And I can squeeze your gnomes again.

> There exist Gnomes of type Grain. Grain Gnomes have 3 hit points. A Water
> Gnome may be squeezed at the cost of one of er hit points to make Bread. A
> player with Bread may cast it upon a Brook. If a player casts Bread upon a
> Brook, they get a Caviar Sandwich. If a player eats a Caviar Sandwich in the
> same nweek as they drink a glass of Champagne, that player gets 5 Style
> Points.

Cast it upon any brook anywhere? Does anything happen to the Brook?

And I can squeeze your gnomes again.

> There exist Gnomes of type Lemon.
>
> There exist Gnomes of type Alien.
>
> There exist Gnomes of type Herb.
>
> At the passing of this rule, create 4 Water Gnomes, 2 Air Gnomes, 3 Earth
> Gnomes, 4 Grain Gnomes, 1 Lemon Gnome, 1 Alien Gnome, and 1 Herb Gnome and
> place them randomly on the Grid.
>
> At the passing of this rule, give two random Gnomes to each player.

That's a lot of Gnomes!

> MUAHAHA
> }}
>
> {{
> __Wait! It's Not Finished Yet!__
>
> Append the following HANGON delimited text to the end of Rule 576, The Gnome
> Factory:
>
> HANGON
> The Gnome Factory cannot create any Gnomes of any type which has not already
> had at least one representative on the Grid.

Had at anytime, or has as of the time it creates one?

> HANGON
> }}

Overall, I think the world could always use some more Gnomes. Maybe to
replace the Gnomes that live in my computer and make it work, 'cause I think
those Gnomes are mostly dead.

--
Wonko