Eric Gerlach on 17 Apr 2002 23:49:31 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Profiles

At 09:05 PM 16/04/02 -0400, you wrote:
-That might be nice. I think we all know each other's e-mails already- it
> appears at the top of your messages, but the ability to have one-on-one or
> small group discussions over an IM service might make this game really
> interesting...-

 IRC?

 WC.

(don't do IM/ICQ - distinct lack of good command-line Linux clients for them)

-*blank stare* Sorry, was that English? I've got AIM. Only good thing ever to come out of AOL-Time Warner-Spawn of Satan, Inc. What's wrong with its chat rooms? Although this does raise the issue of how we deal with all these different services- which to choose, and by what criteria?-

If I may weigh into this debate... IRC would be the best option, IMHO. Internet Relay Chat is the longest standing chat program (other than talk)... and for those of us who can't/won't get ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN (I swear people... get Trillian... geez), it's a good option, and you don't have to sign up for any accounts or anything. For those who need a Windows client, you can get mIRC at: http://www.mirc.com/

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and yoink #bnomic on DALNet. Password: "proosal" ... to keep the pr0n bots out. Anyone care to join me?

Bean