Gavin Doig on 17 Apr 2002 17:26:43 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proosal: Just a figment of the telephone.

> CFJs can call for effects.  There might be no
> obligation on the part of the Administrator to
> implement them, but they can be called for.

Well, they may be able to *call*, but do they get an answer? No. So there's little point in prohibiting them from doing something which has no effect.

> As for proposals overriding it, I seem to recall
> that r155 was written in response to some of
> your proposals that promised rewards to
> players that vote for them, and CFJs that
> promised joint control of the game to the
> judge...If r155 has no effect, why is it that
> (a) those proposals of yours died off after it
> was enacted, and (b) you want it repealed?

R155 was, indeed, written in response to a proosal where I bribed all the players. I'd initially proosed that as joke, and found it immensely funny when r155 was created as a response. Especially as it completely failed to stop such things from working, as has been demonstrated by the proosal that created r259, which successfully bribed those players who voted for it.

It was also amended to try to stop my CFJs which promised control of the game, but those were rather less of a serious attempt to achieve a scam, and rather more of an attempt to point out that the "force-of-law" provision in the CFJ rule was hugely broken. Now that that's been removed, and CFJs aren't broken, that rule doesn't do anything.

(a) it was only funny at first.
(b) it doesn't do anything.

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup