Donald Whytock on 13 Apr 2002 03:53:17 -0000

spoon-discuss: Ministries

Most Esteemed Bean...

Your proposal currently reads,

"There exist titles defining Ministers of the form "Minister of X", where X is a unique designator. These titles are known as Ministries [[ This is a good enough defn for now ]]. A Ministry may only be assigned to a player as expicitly allowed by the rules. Only one player may hold any given Ministry at any given time, and a player may only hold one Ministry at any given time."

I'm not sure I completely agree with the last sentence of that.  Some ministries may prove extremely simple to perform, especially at the same time as certain other ministries.  It may be feasible, and even expeditious, for players to hold multiple ministries under certain circumstances.

I've a suggestion: For a candidate to be elected to a ministry, require him to receive, not only a majority of the votes cast, but at least (N+1)/(N+2) of all the votes cast, where N is the number of ministries he currently holds.

Also, regarding,

"A Vote of Non-Confidence is a proposal."

Given that the failure to perform duties may occur at the beginning of the nweek, and the proposal will only be acted upon at the end of the nweek, should there be some sort of action accompanying the proposal that suspends the minister from his duties until the issue is resolved?  Just to get whatever he's supposed to be handling handled in the meantime?

On another note, is electing ministers something we want a quorum for?

						Glotmorf