Wonko on 12 Apr 2002 02:36:58 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: Insta-Rules

Quoth Glotmorf,

> { It is { legal | illegal } to { { { throw at | give to | take from } {
> players | grid locations | <specific player> | <specific grid location> } {
> gremlins | beer cans | <specific MO> } } | { { enter | remain in | enter or
> remain in } <specific grid location> [ without bouncing Elbonia-style ] } } }.

So, what happens if I make an Insta-Rule saying "It is illegal to remain in
(12,12)? What happens to an occupant of (12,12)? Nowhere do the rules
provide for what happens if something that is happening becomes illegal...

I don't ask merely out of curiosity; It's come to my attention that despite
the Grid rule saying that no two players may occupy the same square, Rob and
Bean both seem to be sitting on (12,12)... So what happens now?

For that matter, what happens if an Insta-Rule contradicts another rule? For
example, if I declare "It is illegal to throw at Wonko gremlins", wouldn't
that have no effect, as another, lower-numbered rule states that players may
throw Gremlins at other players?

Also, what stops me from saying "It is legal to take from grid locations
Gremlins" and then taking all Gremlins from all grid locations? That is what
the rule would say...

--Wonko

"640K ought to be enough for anybody. "
    - Bill Gates (1955-), in 1981