Wonko on 10 Apr 2002 20:59:36 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday afternoon)

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 4/10/02 at 5:37 PM David E. Smith wrote:
>
>> "The Other End of the Entropy Axis"... you've gotta be kidding. 561/0.
>
> I not you kid.  I'd actually thought of something like this earlier, but it
> wouldn't have been possible, since there weren't enough small actions
> available to make tightly restricted dynamic rule possibilities around.
>
> What this does is make it possible for the game to change in relatively small
> ways every single nweek, at the hands of the players, without the rigamarole.
> Kinda like what things like the Token of Proposals and the Immunity Idol do,
> except not as confined in purpose.  Yet, at least at the moment, Insta-Rules
> are limited to affecting the grid and the various activities thereon, which
> don't affect the overall game much at all.
>
> The only problem I see offhand about Insta-Rules is that we might come to see
> a veritable shitload of them...
>
> Glotmorf

Remember when I said that I thought Weather Gnomes might be hell on the
admin? I was wrong. Next to Insta-rules, Weather Gnomes look like rules that
say "The admin need not do anything".

What you're asking for here is for the admin to be constantly rewriting not
only the proposal page, but now the Ruleset page as well.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I strongly suspect that this would be bad.

--Wonko

"If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" "
    - Will Rogers