Wonko on 9 Apr 2002 21:57:11 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Bruce!

Quoth Tyler Crosby,

>> Besides that, I'd kinda like to see something that punishes people for
>> doing/being something wrong, not just a random punishment engine. That's
>> what the PIG was, and that was why it was cooked.
>
> But this one doesn't remove proposals from the ballot, it just limits the
> number that got there in the first place.  Sometimes, I would welcome the
> chance to possibly catch up to you or Glotmorf.  I probably just lost votes
> from you too, but this is really something that levels the playing field a
> bit, which is really in everyone's best interests.  If you have any better
> applications, I would welcome them.

It doesn't level the playing field; it just lowers it a bit. You're just as
likely to be pulled back by it as I or Glotmorf.

As for a better application, maybe something that punishes people for
failure... Like, if someone makes more failing proposals than anyone else, e
gets burnt... Then, you could also claim that you're assisting em, by
stopping em from hurting emselves :)

--Wonko

Remember, half the people in the world are below average.