Wonko on 4 Apr 2002 01:21:19 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Late Late Late Ballot For nweek 11

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 4/3/02 at 7:46 PM Wonko wrote:
>
>> Quoth Wonko,
>>
>>> Quoth Glotmorf,

>> thith

>>> Not if a rather... unfortunate accident were to befall the esteemed Mr.
>>> PIG... I suspect, given popular sentiment towards the PIG, that there is
>>> significant chance that e will soon cease to grace us with eir
>> prescence...
>>>

>> My apologies, I am in error. There is no need for the PIG to be... done
>> away
>> with. The Pig eats the kth proposal, where k is the nth Gremlin number,
>> where n is the number of proposals on the ballot. There are 30 proposals.
>> The Gremlin number is 119. The 30th Gremlin number is therefore
>> 119/(120/30)
>> rounded up to the nearest integer. That is 119/4, or 29.75, rounded up. 30.
>> I am afraid that it is not my proposal which is doomed to perish at the
>> hands, or should I say at the teeth, of the Proposal Ingesting Gremlin, but
>> rather, it is Wild Card's Co-Commentator proposal that shall feel the PIG's
>> bite.
>>
>> However, I suspect that this will not be an issue. The PIG's lifespan, I
>> fear, is in the process of shrinking drastically.
>>

>> --Wonko
>
> My ethteemed colleague ith in error again.  The gremlin number ith 113, not
> 119.  That maketh the target propothal #28, or p531.
>
> Glotmorf

I acknowledge my error, however, I fear you are also in error. If the
Gremlin number is 113, then the 30th Gremlin number is 113/4, or 28.25,
rounded up to the nearest integer. I think you'll find that that is equal to
29. I fear that, once again, a Football proposal has been eaten by the PIG.
I also acknowledge an earlier error - Roast The Pig would not stop the PIG
from eating, as it eats upon the the beginning of the ninth day. Proposal
532/0: Fixing Football (reprise) (Bean) has, in fact, already been consumed.
Pity about that; I rather liked that proposal.

--Wonko

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "
- Galileo Galilei