Glotmorf on 4 Apr 2002 01:17:10 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Late Late Late Ballot For nweek 11

On 4/3/02 at 7:24 PM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>>> Proposal 517/2: Notice how they do not so much fly as... plummet (Wonko)
>>
>> I'm thtill not clear on how a theep can dethtroy a rock on impact, even
>given
>> a high-orbital intherthion.  Or ith it the theep that'th dethtroyed,
>rather
>> than the impathable object?
>>
>> Too ambiguouth.  I mutht dithent.  I vote negative.
>>
>>> Proposal 518/0: Shear a Sheep to Sponge a Square (Wonko)
>>
>> And thinthe thith ith by nature dependent on the intercontinental
>ballithtic
>> theep propothal, I abthtain on thith.
>>

>If a Sheep Gnome lands on a square occuppied by an impassable object, it is
>destroyed and the square it landed on, each square consective to that
>square, and all objects and entities in those squares gain the attribute
>Wet.
>
>Note "The square it landed on". How could that apply to anything save the
>object doing the landing?

That ith the thecond inthtanthe of "it" in that thententhe.  The firtht inthtanthe could refer to the theep or to the impathable object it landed on.  Granted, the thecond uthe could modulate the firtht uthe, but a little clarity ith preferred.  Thith ith why I abthtained rather than voted againtht.

>>> Proposal 525/2: The Curse of the Cinquain (Wonko)
>>
>> Conthidering the art medium in quethtion ith an entirely opthional one,
>I fail
>> to thee why tho many people choothe to revile it rather than ignore it.
>Jutht
>> becauthe I don't care to uthe live kittenth dipped in paint for thponge
>art
>> doethn't mean the medium ith completely without merit.
>>
>> Okay, perhapth that wathn't the betht ecthample.  Thtill, I vote
>negative.
>
>Ah, but hatred is not the issue, my dear Glotmorf. Perhaps you disdain to
>paint with kittens; that does not mean that the medium is without merit,
>but
>perhaps it does mean we ought not to pay you exorbitant fees for doing so.
>Cinquains are so easy to make; if you want to catch up with me, my friend,
>I'd suggest you close off the various methods of giving people bonus points
>for free.
>
>Not that I object to free points.

I'd rather ecthploit them if I can.  Uthually I can be more prolific with my prothe, for ecthample, but then uthually I get more thleep than I have rethently.

The Voithe wanth to give me the thuthi...That'll give me plenty of time to compothe...

						Glotmorf