Wonko on 4 Apr 2002 00:55:50 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Late Late Late Ballot For nweek 11

Quoth Eric Gerlach,

> First, let's get business out of the way.
>
> Thing #1 - Glotmorf (legally - in a message dated Mar 30) jumped off the
> grid, which removed eir name from the roster of Turquoise, then jumped
> back on and tackled The Voice.  It's a loophole.... e found it.  There's
> also a bit of a bug in that Glotmorf and I are the same distance from our
> end-zone, so who gets the ball?  I think that it should be random.  But it
> did happen, and hasn't been recognised yet.
>
> Thing #2 - If I end up with the football I'm running to (10,13).
> Otherwise I'm running to (12,12), then flying Elbonian to (6,6).

Glotmorf's action was legal? How odd... This must be some strange usage of
the word 'legal' of which I have previously been unaware... For certainly,
eir action was forbidden by the ruleset. Nowhere does it say, "players may
take emselves off the Grid at will by saying so". But somewhere does it say,
"players may not change the gamestate". Unless that sentence means something
completely different from what I believe it does, I'm afraid that Glotmorf
did not, in any way, jump off the grid.

Have a nice flight.

--Wonko

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide
everything."
    - Joseph Stalin