Wonko on 4 Apr 2002 00:46:14 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Late Late Late Ballot For nweek 11

Quoth Wonko,

> Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>>> Proposal 531/2: Back from Exile (Wonko)
>>
>> Enrique, alwayth the crooning charmer.  Good to thee him featured in thith
>> Nomiverthe.  And tho grathiouth of Wonko to thare billing with me.
>>
>> A pity thith propothal ith dethtined to become pig chow.  Thtill, I vote
>> affirmative.
>
> Not if a rather... unfortunate accident were to befall the esteemed Mr.
> PIG... I suspect, given popular sentiment towards the PIG, that there is a
> significant chance that e will soon cease to grace us with eir prescence...

My apologies, I am in error. There is no need for the PIG to be... done away
with. The Pig eats the kth proposal, where k is the nth Gremlin number,
where n is the number of proposals on the ballot. There are 30 proposals.
The Gremlin number is 119. The 30th Gremlin number is therefore 119/(120/30)
rounded up to the nearest integer. That is 119/4, or 29.75, rounded up. 30.
I am afraid that it is not my proposal which is doomed to perish at the
hands, or should I say at the teeth, of the Proposal Ingesting Gremlin, but
rather, it is Wild Card's Co-Commentator proposal that shall feel the PIG's
bite.

However, I suspect that this will not be an issue. The PIG's lifespan, I
fear, is in the process of shrinking drastically.

--Wonko

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day; set him on fire and he'll be
warm for the rest of his life.