Wonko on 30 Mar 2002 22:56:04 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proosal: Making crazy sounds.

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 3/29/02 at 8:22 AM Gavin Doig wrote:
>
>> <proosal>
>> <title>Making crazy sounds.</title>
>> [[The rules are big enough, without having redundant ones. Let's clean
>> up.]]
>> Repeal rule 150 [[duplicated by R152]].
>
> There ith thtill no clear and thorough definition of "game state"; therefore
> it ith not thertain that r152 coverth r150.

I would think the gamestate would be the state of the game...

>> Repeal rule 155 [[proosals can override it anyway (c.f. CFJ 254, and CFJs
>> can't "call for effects" anyway]].
>
> Flaming Gremlinth named Bruthe can only pretend to override it.  And there
> aren't any anyway.

The way it's currently worded, it can be overridden easily by creating a
rule that checks who voted for the proposal and takes precedence over 155

>> Repeal rule 259.
>
> No.  Thith rule ith important.  It helpth uth make fun of you. :)

I'm waiting for someone to make Bruce.

>> Repeal rule 358 [[never been used, and you can do it anyway]].
>
> Rule 0 hathn't been uthed either, but I don't recommend repealing it.

Yes, but rule 0 is useful. Rule 358 is useless - if a proposal depends on
another proposal, then whoever votes against the dependee will vote against
the dependant as well. Besides, r358 doesn't let us do anything that we
don't already do just by writing it out.

--Wonko

"If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?"
    - Seymour Cray (1925-1996), father of supercomputing