Wonko on 27 Mar 2002 20:55:29 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Temperature

Quoth Rob Speer,

> [[ Instead of Dave's stopgap method of giving the Weather, let's
> actually define a characteristic! Yay! ]]
>
> I propose: __Temperature__
> {{
>
> 1. Create a rule: __Temperature__ {* Weather, 1 *}
> {{
> The characteristic of Temperature has a value in degrees Celsius.
> Only values of Temperature that are less than or equal to 0 are
> considered Freezing.
>
> If the Temperature ever goes below -30, it is set to -30, and if it ever
> goes above 40, it is set to 40.
>
> Whenever the Weather is updated, (the 15th Gremlin number minus 8)
> shall be added to the Temperature.
> }}
>
> 2. Set the Temperature to -10 [[ in celebration of this lovely spring
> weather ]].
>
> 3. Throw the Yeti at (10, 10) in the manner that Elbonian Airways would,
> except that it does not lose any points.
> }}

But the weather rule says "The Weather has characteristics, which are the
same as the weather where the administrator resides (or in another place of
his choosing)."

This new thing has to take precedence over that in order to change the
temperature from that of the Admin's location.

Although it might be a good idea simply to define all Characteristics of
weather like your temperature thing, just so we have more freedom to screw
with them.

--Wonko

 "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former. "
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)