Eric Gerlach on 25 Mar 2002 20:23:30 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Fascism

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Daniel Lepage wrote:
> Well, I tried to make this one as useless as possible... while still
> being somewhat effective.
>
> ---
> Except, if it's as useless as possible, why make it?

Because it's still somewhat effective? :)

More specifically, it's always there, lurking in the shadows... if it
becomes active during a nweek... you may not know until it's too late that
there's a shadowy figure waiting outside the ballot box to talk to you...
IOW, it keeps us all on our toes. ;)

The "as useless as possible" comment would have been perhaps better
phrased as "as difficult to use as possible".  If you want it to really
have a good effect, you've gotta drop several hundred points in its
direction.  However, the results of doing so would be fun :)  Blam!  Four
players don't vote this week or the next.

I'm likely never going to get to use it.... but why not?

Bean