Glotmorf on 20 Mar 2002 05:44:22 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Nomilogue #3

On 3/19/02 at 9:21 PM Alex Truelsen wrote:

>The cost to produce a DimShip is 100 score.
>-.o0(I wonder if anyone else has noted this yet...) Um, do you mean 100
>/points/? 100 score being 2000, and I don't think anyone will EVER have
>that
>many... um... well, anything. Any dimension. Watch me be proven wrong...

I know, I know...Call it literary license?  I use score points as money in the stories, but I somehow can't bring myself to say the characters are dealing in "points".  So I used "score" like some might use "quid" or whatever, to give an idea of a lot of money changing hands.

I figured it would be clear enough, since we have charm points, respect points, etc., yet we tend to refer to them as charm or respect.  If anyone honestly thinks this is a problem, I'll bite the bullet and use "points" instead.

>Oh,
>and other than that, this is really good. Ever considered publishing your
>work? Just a thought.-

I've submitted stuff in the past to publications, but nothing's been published.  Thanks for the kind word, though.  To be honest, I'm not that happy with some of the sentence structure I've been using in these stories...maybe some of these proposals will be practice for me. :)

						Glotmorf