Donald Whytock on 13 Mar 2002 01:01:59 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: Identification Numbers

On 3/12/02 at 5:53 PM Wonko wrote:

>Seems to me that while the Admin is explicitly empowered to assign serial
>numbers, you are not, so doing it yerself is an illegal mod of the game
>state.
>

>--Wonko

I'm not assigning the serial number...just the identification number.  It's the Administrator's job to pair up the identification number with a revision number to make a serial number.

I never said that the serial number *will* be 431.1/0...just that it *should* be, given that identification number and a revision number of zero.  It was a prediction, not a directive.

For that matter, since actions don't happen until they're recognized by the Administrator, I'm not changing the game state by putting an identification number in a proposal.  The Administrator is by recognizing my proposal with the identification number I specified.

Which, I am obliged to note, he didn't do. :)  Perhaps a provision for "virtual identification numbers" is in order.

						Glotmorf