Wonko on 12 Mar 2002 22:53:52 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: Identification Numbers

Quoth Donald Whytock,

> After careful examination of the rules, particularly r5, it appears that there
> is nothing that explicitly states the Administrator assigns identification
> numbers to objects.  He does indeed assign serial numbers, but a serial number
> is a combination of identification number and revision number; presumably the
> identification-number part of the serial numbers he has assigned he was
> obliged to create in order to give the objects unique serial numbers.
>
> There is also nothing that says identification numbers have to be integers.
>
> Therefore I declare that the identification number for this new proposal is
> 431.1, which should result in it being assigned serial number 431.1/0.
>
> {{ _Piddling on the Fire of the Gods_
>
> Append to the end of Rule 5 the following text:
>
> Proposals, Rules and other objects requiring serial numbers, unless specified
> by the entities that create them, are assigned unique identification numbers
> that consist of the smallest integer that is larger than the largest
> identification number in use at the time of the object's creation.
> Identification numbers for Calls for Judgment cannot be specified by the
> Players creating them.
>
> }}

Seems to me that while the Admin is explicitly empowered to assign serial
numbers, you are not, so doing it yerself is an illegal mod of the game
state.

--Wonko

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
- Paul Erdos