Jonathan Van Matre on 6 Mar 2002 14:46:33 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: One more sausage to cram into the can...

The Scarf shouldn't have an Izing -- it completely defeats the purpose of the Scarf.  The Scarf / Style Police is a way for us to reward each other for particularly clever or thoughtful participation in the game.  If it becomes obligatory for everyone to receive the award before it can be given to the same person again, that makes the award essentially meaningless.

One might argue that Respect is there to take its place, but I think Respect has a lot of problems:

- We have to wait at least a full nweek (plus however many ndays prior to the proposal the action happened) for the Respect proposal to be adopted.
- Rewards the author (at least presently) with Charm and affirmative votes.
- Doesn't confer anything especially fun along with the Respect Points.  With the Scarf you get the ability to add Style Attributes and several fun optional gender-based behaviors to play around with.

If you're going to put an Izing on the Scarf, then I suggest you add a mod to the Scarf rule that instantly removes the Izing from a player when e awards the Scarf to another player.

--Scoff!