Donald Whytock on 5 Mar 2002 07:23:29 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: nweek 8 results

On 3/4/02 at 11:11 PM Eric Gerlach wrote:

>At 03:54 AM 2002-03-05 +0000, The Admin wrote:
>>426/0 fails (3-3-5).
>
>At 11:56 PM 2002-03-03 -0500, Glotmorf wrote:
>>I vote Yes on Proposal 425.
>>
>>I vote No on Proposal 426.
>>
>>I vote Yes on Proposal 427.
>
>I'm sorry Glotmorf.... but because I'm currently in the slightly odd
>situation of being able to punt but not pass the football... I gotta ask
>you why I can't... No offense of course... I'm actually genuinely
>curious.... and confused....
>
>Bean

Well, like I said in the first draft of my votes (where I irresponsibly quoted what might have been volatile text from Mr. A), I'd like to see a bit more randomness in pass reception, so that there's a small chance the pass will miss.  Yes, the Super Bowl is fresh in my mind, and the word "interception" keeps swimming around in my head.

Or perhaps a forward pass would be at a certain square rather than a player, and incur a certain amount of delay because of its hang time...so that even if it arrives on target, there's a small window for someone using a pinball gun to knock the intended recipient out of the way and move into position to catch...

Otherwise, it was pretty much automatic that the intended recipient of the pass would in fact catch it.  And as side-splitting as it is to say this in the context of a Nomic game...that's not realistic.

Guess I should have said something sooner.  I'm about as bad as all those abstainers.

						Glotmorf