Dan on 28 Feb 2002 16:09:00 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Straw Poll?

I'm also against gremlin multiplication.  There are Gremlins that do all
sorts of neat things and we don't want them to multiply.  The potential
for loopholes is too large.

I encountered some of this when I was writing my gremlin bribery proposal.
That proposal may yet set a record for the number of revisions.  Things
get Waaay too complicated and if we let gremlins multiply, especially in
ways not easily controlled by the Players, we are going to have all sorts
of trouble.

On the other hand, having a variable number of gremlins is perhaps not so
bad.  To be able to create and destroy certain gremlins, within reasonable
limits, might be interesting.  But I'd rather not let our game get
cluttered up with self-multiplying creatures.  And I'd rather not dump
that much work on the Administrator.

Dan