Jonathan Van Matre on 28 Feb 2002 15:08:26 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Straw Poll?

I've already noted my objection previously, but here's a suggestion for an alternative.  Feel free to use this yourself -- it's a friendly amendment instead of a proposal of my own because I did like the spirit of the idea, if not its effect.

Instead of multiplying Gremlins, create Mogwai entities.  Dump x number of Mogwais on the Grid every nweek.  If a Mogwai gets wet, it becomes a Proto-Gremlin.  No player may propose a rule or amendment that creates a new Gremlin except when in possession of a Proto-Gremlin.

Spielberg homage intact, but with a bit less mayhem, plus it gently but not unreasonably limits the number of new Gremlins we'll have meandering around.

--Scoff!