Donald Whytock on 25 Feb 2002 07:23:48 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: So, what should I be doing?

On 2/25/02 at 12:02 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>> I'll clarify: you fill out a form and it outputs a text file. You then
>> send that file in an e-mail to the Forum. It simply makes formatting the
>> vote e-mails easier - and it puts them in a consistent format, so that
>> perhaps a script on your end would be able to process them.
>
>Aha. I was thinking more along the lines of "storing votes online and
>automagically counting them".
>
>See, I'm more of a Web person than a text person, so I just sorta filtered
>everything through that preconception.
>
>Your idea is intelligent and plausible, whereas mine is just plain goofy
>by comparison.

Actually...why not do both?  Save the votes in a table with player, nweek, prop and vote fields, then report those votes to the forum via email.  Then query a count per prop per vote value at the end of the nweek.

						Glotmorf