David E. Smith on 25 Feb 2002 00:03:41 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: So, what should I be doing?

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Rob Speer wrote:

> How's that? You don't currently get tens or hundreds of votes from
> non-players, do you?

No, I don't, and I'd rather like to keep it that way.

Perhaps I've spent entirely too much time doing Web development, with an
emphasis on the security aspects thereof.

> I'll clarify: you fill out a form and it outputs a text file. You then
> send that file in an e-mail to the Forum. It simply makes formatting the
> vote e-mails easier - and it puts them in a consistent format, so that
> perhaps a script on your end would be able to process them.

Aha. I was thinking more along the lines of "storing votes online and
automagically counting them".

See, I'm more of a Web person than a text person, so I just sorta filtered
everything through that preconception.

Your idea is intelligent and plausible, whereas mine is just plain goofy
by comparison.

...dave