Rob Speer on 24 Feb 2002 21:55:18 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: So, what should I be doing?

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 07:46:45AM +0000, David E. Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Rob Speer wrote:
>
> > How about a Web-based voting system which outputs a text file that we
> > can attach to an e-mail?
>
> That doesn't help the vote-fraud option too much. Worst-case: I'd have to
> sort through tens or hundreds of votes to find the dozen legit ones.

How's that? You don't currently get tens or hundreds of votes from
non-players, do you?

I'll clarify: you fill out a form and it outputs a text file. You then
send that file in an e-mail to the Forum. It simply makes formatting the
vote e-mails easier - and it puts them in a consistent format, so that
perhaps a script on your end would be able to process them.

If some random person starts sending too many messages, that's spamming
the Forum, and should be dealt with appropriately.

--
Rob Speer