David E. Smith on 15 Feb 2002 07:47:39 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: So, what should I be doing?

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Rob Speer wrote:

> How about a Web-based voting system which outputs a text file that we
> can attach to an e-mail?

That doesn't help the vote-fraud option too much. Worst-case: I'd have to
sort through tens or hundreds of votes to find the dozen legit ones.

If I took enough unique information from each user, though, and hashed it
round the cryptographic pot a bit... hm. Must ponder.

> Oh, and be sure to include Chutzpah in your rule display.

Right now, there is precisely one rule that has a Chutzpah != 1. Its
modified Chutzpah rating is listed at the bottom of the rule, with the
revision history.

If lots and lots of rules begin to acquire weird Chutzpah values, *then*
I'll worry about it. A lot of what I'm doing this week is cleaning-up
large portions of the ugly ad-hoc code that I'd cobbled together, so that
making changes like that in the future won't be quite as painful, if/when
they're needed.

...dave