Jonathan Van Matre on 8 Feb 2002 22:32:17 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: change what...

This is all getting too surreal.  When I was in college, my friends and I (for no good reason) had an elaborate system of nouns and verbs based on the names of country singers.  For example, to "Yoakum" was to vomit, especially projectile-style, and especially when drunk.  It also served as a noun for the resulting stuff.  To "Garth" was to rough someone about in a playful manner.  "Yearwood" was the state of lusting after an incoming  freshman during the first month of the fall semester.  To "Johnny Cash" was to hit up one's parents for money.  Et cetera.

I don't know whether to thank or curse you all for bringing back memories of the bizarre ways we entertained ourselves.

--Scoff!