Jonathan Van Matre on 6 Feb 2002 22:20:42 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: How does this look?

Greetings to our esteemed compatriot Wonko, from my somewhat chilly London abode!

This is a most intriguing proposal.  I am still pondering this one, as I have done ever since you first posted a draft version, but so far I find no fault with it.  I dare say it addresses most, if not all, of the current problems with rules 17 and 129.  It is a fine piece of work, and a very welcome addition to this week's ballot.

It is certainly a pity that you are a drone, my friend, for one so clever as yourself deserves to be besieged by a multitude of suitors.  Were you a man, I do not doubt that it would be so.

Deepest Regards,

Miss Emma Stanton Scoff

p.s.  One feels, after lavishing such unsparing praise upon a proposal, loathe to comment upon its minor insufficiencies.  Unfortunately, it is ever true that poor spelling is patently styleless, and "Still" is spelt thusly, with two "l"s.  It may safely be hoped, however, that our gracious administrator will come to your rescue in this matter.

[well-crafted details of a worthy proposal are herein stricken for purposes of brevity]