Eric Gerlach on 4 Feb 2002 03:27:30 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: First Proposals of the Nweek!

At 10:05 PM 2002-02-03 -0500, you wrote:
Quoth Eric Gerlach,

> You should do something to make sure that players on the roster don't have
> to play the game.  Currently everyone is playing GremBall.  What if I don't
> want to?

This version is from before I could legally make proposals. The real one,
which can legally be recognized, allows people to put themselves on teams,
although they still get assigned randomly. I think it's better to make teams
random, 'cause otherwise if everyone decides to join the game you end up
with a majority of the players on one team. Giving a team the power to pass
any proposal could get ugly. This way, nobody can reasonably make proposals
that benefit a certain team 'cause the teams change each nweek.

Hrmm.... this *is* a good point... I never thought of that. OTOH, that's kindof hard to do with Football. "Okay, running this way now... Oop! I'm on the other team! Run the other way...." :)

I'll have to think up some device to deter that...

Bean