Eric Gerlach on 4 Feb 2002 02:43:43 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: new proposal: ptime

At 09:41 PM 2002-02-03 -0500, you wrote:
Quoth Donald Whytock,

> The way my proposal is written now, each player casts a single vote for one of
> the proposals on the ballot.  They don't cast yes-or-no votes on each
> proposal.  So how can two proposals be tied for the majority?  Easy: three
> players vote for Bean's refresh proposal, three others vote for Scoff!'s, and
> any other proposals voted for each get one.

But then if there's even only one other proposal that got one, neither
Bean's nor Scoff!'s proposals have a majority, 'cause Bean got 3 votes out
of 7 votes sent out, and Scoff! got 3 votes out of 7. 3/7 isn't a majority.

Good point, perhaps we should do multiple ballots, where the one with the least votes gets dropped, then we vote again on the remainder? Takes longer, but gets better representation...

Bean