Donald Whytock on 4 Feb 2002 02:28:59 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: new proposal: ptime

On 2/3/02 at 9:45 AM Wonko wrote:

>If it's a worthless statement, the Judge will judge REFUSED.
>Also, how can two proposals tie for a majority of the votes? It seems like
>the way its written now, if no proposal has a majority, nothing could
>happen, since the rule requires that one be selected (can we CFJ that
>that's
>a paradox? :)
>
>--
>Wonko

The way my proposal is written now, each player casts a single vote for one of the proposals on the ballot.  They don't cast yes-or-no votes on each proposal.  So how can two proposals be tied for the majority?  Easy: three players vote for Bean's refresh proposal, three others vote for Scoff!'s, and any other proposals voted for each get one.

So then Bean's and Scoff!'s proposals are the entire second ballot.  Players each cast a vote on one of those proposals.  If those proposals tie, the Administrator picks one.

That part is fairly straightforward, I think.  I'm more concerned at this point about defining paradox. :)

						Glotmorf