Gavin Doig on 1 Feb 2002 15:35:58 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Rule 10 not repealed

> Rule 11 says, "The Ruleset is the collective body of
> current Rule versions. The Ruleset may be altered
> only as provided therein."

Right...

> And since there's no provision for altering the ruleset
> as a player action,

Wrong.

> declaring Rule 10 repealed doesn't
> count.  Rule 11 takes precedence over Rule 129.
> And, interestingly, over Rule 18.

There's provision for something if the rules permit it. Rule 129 permits me to repeal rule 10. Rule 18 allows it because rule 129 does, and rule 11 does too, for the same reason.

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a