Eric Gerlach on 1 Feb 2002 04:38:12 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Rule 18

At 06:26 PM 2002-01-31 -0500, you wrote:
Remind me again, why do we have Rule 18? Has anyone ever taken an action
which was legalised by Rule 18 and didn't cause all sorts of trouble?

Oh, incidentally, the rules prohibit making other people forfeit because
rule 150, aptly entitle Screw That!, says

"No player's information (name, score, etc) may be changed except as the
rules explicitly allow."

Whether or not one is still a player is definitly part of one's information.

Hey, I've got the Scoring Gremlin, and I plan on having fun with it. Now, if that isn't a *postive* application of Rule 18, nothing is.

Bean