Eric Gerlach on 1 Feb 2002 04:38:10 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Apologies, Explanations, and Fixes

At 02:38 PM 2002-01-31 -0600, you wrote:
First, my apologies to anyone who regards my mass-forfeiture action as malicious, mean, or unsportsmanlike. I had no intention of breaking the game, and even less of making people want to stop playing. But the latter has unfortunately begun to occur, and there seems to be a general consensus that I am in the process of destroying the game as well. I'm sorry.

Scoff!, I must admit, I was initally very distraught by your actions (mainly because I didn't want the game to be over). However, the more I look at it, the less distraught I am (partly because I think I've offered a remedy, and partly because hey, that's part of the game so suck it up and move on, Bean!)

I take back my initial comdemnation. Though it was sneaky and underhanded, your move was well-played, in the eyes of nomic. Good show.

(Not to mention, it enabled me to show of my Nitpicking prowess in crafting that CFJ... thus further proving that I AM THE NITPICKING KING! Woot!)

All I wanted to do is draw attention to the issue previously raised by Glotmorf, which was treated rather dismissively by some and ultimately left still unresolved. I took up the grand tradition of lawyers hoping to bring an issue before our Supreme Court and crafted a whopper of a test case, designed to draw public interest and judicial attention all at once.

*sigh* You'll note, alas, that I have only made one proposal this nweek, and that's because I couldn't resist the lure of Football. 'Twas a pity it was eaten.... I'll just submit it again here....

One of the proposals I'm thinking of making would provide an alternative to Rule 18... but between me being sick and my hard drive being in it's death throws I've been busy..... *another sigh*

It has clearly backfired, so **I herewith rescind my action which forfeited on behalf of all other active players**. Which is either legal by the same mechanism that made the action legal in the first place, or unnecessary because forfeiting on behalf of others was illegal to begin with. This should get us back to one thread, and leave a scenario where my CFJ can be judged and life can proceed as normal.

Well, either way I think it's been solved.... either via your recindment or my CFJ + The Voice's Judgement. No harm, no foul. :)

But please, let's get some clarity on what is the standard for regulation/non-regulation by the rules, and be consistent in applying it henceforth. Or if someone can provide a comprehensive explanation showing it has been completely consistent to this point anyway, I'd accept that.

Indeed. I'll push for this next nweek when I have time (assuming I can bring my computer into the "healthy" category by then....)

But you can't deny it definitely got your attention.

Sorry what was that? (hee hee) But seriously. It was well-noticed on your part.

Cheers,

Bean