Jonathan Van Matre on 31 Jan 2002 22:17:35 -0000

RE: spoon-business: RE: spoon-discuss: Re: Game Action

It's not at all clear, especially considering game precedent, whether the forfeiture action was legal or illegal.  Again, Rule 14 specifies how a player *may* forfeit.  It doesn't limit forfeiture to that method, except if one interprets rule 18 in a manner that qualifies what rule 14 does as prohibition of any other method of forfeiture.  That was the point *I* was getting at, though you're right about the game-state-shutdown issue being raised, too.

--Scoff!