Dan on 31 Jan 2002 16:49:23 -0000

spoon-discuss: Rule 10 not repealed

> > Rule 10 has NOT been repealed, unless you have a much more
> entertaining > definition of rule 18/1 than I do. To the best of my
> knowledge, no rule > explicitly or implicitly permits any player to
> single-handedly and > unilaterally declare that a rule has been
> repealed. (I expect someone to > CFJ it, rule 129 be damned, anyway.
> :)

> Rule 129 (implicitly) permits it, as it legalises (i.e., permits)
> *all* player actions.
>
> I note in passing that the admin failed to close his brackets at the
> end of the above paragraph. Bad admin, bad!
>
> uin.
> --

But rule 18 takes precedence over rule 129.

PS.  Everyone vote for my proposal 308.  I know it looks like only a minor
cosmetic change, but it begins the process of making some much-needed
low-level changes to the ruleset.  Basically it makes the requirement that
players follow the rules part of the definition of a player, not some
extra thing tacked on to the ruleset.

 Dan