Donald Whytock on 30 Jan 2002 22:46:17 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Are you ready for some football!!!!

On 1/30/02 at 12:46 PM Eric Gerlach wrote:

>Glotmorf:  I came up with this idea last night shortly after my HD started
>showing signs of death... would have gotten it proposed earlier
>otherwise, sorry.  The only reason I don't like GremBall as you have it
>defined is it could get really nasty with if there are a large number of
>gremlins.  Plus, I want a team sport  :)

Actually, GremBall was meant as more of a combination of Dodge Ball and Hot Potato, and simplistic in the extreme, meant to be a quick-turnaround-time thang.  I just liked the imagery of us bouncing gremlins off of each other...:)  Whereas yours is closer to rugby.

We *could* play both at the same time, since GremBall doesn't necessarily involve movement and isn't necessarily tied to the Scoring Gremlin.  One Player could be running by with the Scoring Gremlin, and in passing lob the Witch up someone's nose. (Whereupon we can determine whether it does in fact function there.)

But now that I think about it, perhaps GremBall should be closer to zero-sum, with the points lost by the targetee being gained by the targeter...Hour and a half, eh?

						Glotmorf