Wonko on 26 Jan 2002 16:06:14 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: New Rule Proposal: Gridwork 2

Quoth Donald Whytock,

> Now we make the walls start closing in...
>
> {{ _Watch for Falling Rocks_
>
> Create a new rule:
>
> {{ _Big Rocks_
>
> A Player can purchase a Big Rock to put on the Grid.  E may either specify the
> target location of the Big Rock at a cost of 10+5d3 points, or allow the Big
> Rock to be placed randomly at a cost of 5+5d3 points.
>
> A Big Rock must be placed in a vacant location on the Grid, or in the same
> location as another Big Rock.  Once a Big Rock is placed, no other object --
> Players, Things, etc. -- can occupy that Grid location.  If a Big Rock is
> placed in the same location as another Big Rock, both Big Rocks are destroyed
> and the location becomes vacant.
>
> A Big Rock cannot be placed in a vacant location on the Grid if the number of
> vacant locations is less than two.
>
> If the calculated cost for the Big Rock is more points than the purchasing
> Player has, e loses all eir points and the Big Rock is not purchased.
>
> }}
>
> Add the keywords "Grid" and "Purchases" to this rule.
>
> }}

What happens if a player specifies a location for a Big Rock that is
occupied by a Shiny/Dark Thing? Yes, it's illegal, but nobody knows that
it's illegal except the admin, 'cause no one else knows where the Things
are.

--
Wonko
Recruit today night it feels.