Doig, Gavin on 24 Jan 2002 18:22:21 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: PROPOSAL self-repealers

> This allows for temporary changes to the rules to allow us to do things we

> might have not been able to do before.

Uhh... how so? We can do this at the moment anyway, and if it passes, we'll
still be able to do it without making use of that rule

> This also allows for easy addition of keywords without clogging up the
ruleset
> with proposals like "rule such-and-such gains the keyword so-and-so".

This bit I just don't understand. I mean, we'll need to create the rules via
proosal, so we're just going to end up with double the clutter if we decide
to add keywords this way rather than by proosal.

> If anyone has any
> suggestions on the end part (trying to close up potential loopholes), send

> them out and I'd be glad to consider them.

Any self-repealing rule which contains "this takes precedence over rule xxx"
will overrule your attempts to close loopholes, and anyway you can still
just put "repeal this rule when X" at the end to achieve the same effect
while side-stepping this rule entirely.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't see that this actually does
anything.

uin.

DISCLAIMER:
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the intended
recipients(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged, proprietary and/or confidential within the meaning of applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please contact the
sender of this message as soon as possible.

The views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and
may not necessarily be the views held by Azurgroup Limited

<<application/ms-tnef>>