Doig, Gavin on 21 Jan 2002 18:32:23 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Proposal: No Kickbacks (Ju stice, Administered Piecemeal)

> Try this on, Platonist....

Ooh, a challenge. ;-)

> If, as you assert, only things permitted by the rules actually happen
> in our little nomic gameworld,

Fine...

> then because this proposal would make submitting a kickback-laced
> CFJ against the rules,

<yoda>Hear you nothing that I say?</yoda>

That was my whole point. It *doesn't* *work*. It doesn't make submitting a
kickback-laced CFJ against the rules; it *tries* to, but all it does is make
you have to word it slightly differently (see below). If we want to stop
scam CFJs, we need ensure that CFJs don't actually alter things. When that's
true, your restrictions are irrelevant, and therefore largely symbolic. When
that's *not* true, your restrictions are trivially circumventable, and
therefore... largely symbolic.

(below)
I was going to put in examples of how, but I don't want to get bogged down
in a discussion of whether those particular examples work or not. The point
is that it's breakable, not whether I've broken it.

uin.

DISCLAIMER:
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the intended
recipients(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged, proprietary and/or confidential within the meaning of applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please contact the
sender of this message as soon as possible.

The views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and
may not necessarily be the views held by Azurgroup Limited

<<application/ms-tnef>>