Jonathan Van Matre on 21 Jan 2002 16:29:50 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Proposal: No Kickbacks (Justice, Administered Piecemeal)

Title: RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Proposal: No Kickbacks (Justice, Administered Piecemeal)
Try this on, Platonist....

If, as you assert, only things permitted by the rules actually happen in our little nomic gameworld, then because this proposal would make submitting a kickback-laced CFJ against the rules, that would mean such a CFJ *was never submitted*.  Any judgement on it would be equally non-existent, since it's judging something that never happened.

How precisely is that doing nothing?  Seems like more than a "symbolic effect" to me.  Or at least, no more symbolic than the effect of *any* rule.

--Scoff!
-----Original Message-----
From: Doig, Gavin [mailto:GDoig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 7:04 AM
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Proposal: No Kickbacks (Justice, Administered Piecemeal)

> This is like saying that putting on mosquito repellent might encourage
> mosquitos to bite me, because wearing the repellent is an admission that
> a mosquito *might* bite me.

The problem is that it's not mosquito repellent, it's just a bottle of water with "mosquito repellent" on the label. ;-)

I don't think there's anything actually *wrong* with your proosal. I mean, I won't vote for it, because I don't think any of it has anything other than a symbolic effect (well, it'll add some verbiage for people circumventing it), but I don't think it'll break the game if it passes.

uin.

DISCLAIMER:
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the intended recipients(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is  privileged, proprietary and/or confidential within the meaning of applicable  law. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender of this message as soon as possible.

The views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and may not necessarily be the views held by Azurgroup Limited