Eric Gerlach on 16 Jan 2002 01:18:44 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: N Heads are Better Than 1

Woah...

This is a vague and dangerous proposal in its current form. While I half-agree with the spirit behind this proposal, I'm not at all confident with the execution. With this, 2 players could team up to completely circumvent the Bandwidth Rationing process. Not to mention, a rule which did the same thing as bandwidth rationing, but not named "Bandwidth Rationing" could possibly circumvent this entirely...

Perhaps adding something akin to the following would work: "The unordered set containing the player names in <namelist> is known as the Team submitting the proposal. Each Team may only submit one Team Proposal per nweek." That way, you would have to have different teams for each team proposal, makes it harder to spam the system. I'm still not sure if I like that (creates a whole "alliances" aspect to the game), but that would make the proposal much better.

I would also suggest changing: "Team Proposals are not subject to Bandwidth Rationing." to something akin to "If there is any restriction on the number or size of proposals submitted by one player, Team Proposals do not count towards that restriction", that way it qualifies for any current or future rationing.

Bean