Wonko on 13 Jan 2002 21:09:15 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Scoff! votes for nweek 4 / zero-based 3

on 1/13/02 1:54 PM, Jonathan Van Matre at JVanMatre@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I don't like the ambiguity of Plague of Gremlins voting, and these
> proposals appear to be creating something without creating a use for it
> yet.  I also don't like that they have (completely undefined) Bank
> Accounts.  However, I would like to see the Gremlins return along with a
> proposal that demonstrates their Usefulness.

Here are two examples of how Gremlins could be Useful. As soon as the next
nweek starts, I plan to propose these (if my Gremlin acts pass, that is).

<not a proposal yet>
<title>The Scoring Gremlin</title>
Create a new rule entitled "The Scoring Gremlin" with the following GREMLIN
delimited text:
GREMLIN
There exists a Gremlin known as the Scoring Gremlin. Whenever a proposal is
recognized, if the Scoring Gremlin is active, it shall award the player with
the fewest points 1 point. If at any time multiple players are tied for the
lowest score, or the player with the lowest score has at most 10 fewer
points than any other player, the Scoring Gremlin shall go into Hiding. If
the player with the lowest score has at least 30 fewer points than any other
player, the Scoring Gremlin shall become Active.
<rationale>
If someone falls behind, or joins when everyone else is way ahead, this guy
helps them recover.
</not a proposal yet>

<not a proposal yet>
<title>The Witch Gremlin</title>
Create a new rule entitled "The Witch Gremlin" with the following GREMLIN
delimited text:
GREMLIN
There exists a Gremlin known as the Witch Gremlin. If the Witch Gremlin is
active, any player who has not done so already that nweek may pay 30 points
to make the Witch Gremlin Curse a player. When a player is Cursed, e may not
vote. At the end of each Voting Period, all players cease to be Cursed and,
if the Witch Gremlin is Hiding, it becomes Active. If at any time more than
2 players are Cursed, the Witch Gremlin goes into Hiding.
<rationale>
For a moderate fee, you can stop someone from voting. Only 3 people may be
Cursed each period, however, and nobody can Curse more than one other
player. (otherwise I could curse everyone but me and be the only voter)
</rationale>
</not a proposal yet>

--
Wonko