Rob Speer on 10 Jan 2002 00:19:29 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Let's give this another shot.

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 06:31:34PM -0500, Wonko wrote:
> <proposal>
> <title>Don't Do That!</title>
> Create a new rule entitled 'Individuality' with the following #### delimited
> text:
> ####
> No player may change eir name to that of an entity defined in a current
> proposal.
> ####
> <rationale>
> Much better. If Uin had waited to change his name to Mike Judge once the
> Voting period had started, Scoff! couldn't have fixed it. This way, it won't
> happen again.
> </rationale>
> </proposal>
>
> And a new proposal:
>
> <proposal>
> <title>Don't do that! II </title>
> If the LOGAS exists, add "Violating Game Custom" to it.
> <rationale>
> This is really annoying. It should be allowed, because sometimes it will be
> neccessary, but it ought to be frowned upon. If it's really justified, then
> the Admin will just not recognize the Kick.
> </rationale>
> </proposal>

It's good to separate those, since I probably wouldn't vote for the
second. It should be very clear-cut whether an action is deserving of a
Kick in the Ass, and "Violating Game Custom" is one of the most undefined
phrases I've ever heard in a Nomic rule.
--
Rob Speer