Donald Whytock on 9 Jan 2002 15:16:24 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: An attempt at translation...

On 1/9/02 at 8:35 AM Jonathan Van Matre wrote:

>You may respond by indicating in the affirmative or negative...
>
>If I may hazard a guess, are you saying you think that the Rear View /
>CFJR part of the proposal puts too much power in the hands of the judge?
>
>1)  YES or NO

It is like that.

>And you would prefer something that involves more of a power to the
>people approach?
>
>2)  YES or NO

It is like that.

>And you feel the option of submitting a rule proposal that overturns the
>CFJ is not sufficient?  That there must be some other way for a majority
>of players opposed to a judgement to overrule it?
>
>3)  YES or NO

Think:

-Proposal _My Gavel Up Your Ass_
-
-Create a rule as follows:
-
-{{
-_No Judicial Kickbacks_
-...
-...
-...
-No ruling on a CFJ may be changed except by the judge assigned to rule
-on that CFJ, or by a Call For Judicial Review.  No rule may directly
-alter or revise the ruling on a CFJ or specific class of CFJs.  Judges
-may revise their ruling within one nday of the first posting of that
-ruling in a public forum, after which time all rulings are final (except
-in the case of a Call For Judicial Review).
-}}

When we will be able to change, overturn possibility there are not that time we.

Your translation was good one.

						Glotmorf