Donald Whytock on 7 Jan 2002 19:30:02 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: RE: Proposal: _My Gavel Up Your Ass_ (aka No Judicial Kickbacks)

On 1/7/02 at 2:19 PM Donald Whytock wrote:

>Hm...you might want to reconsider that, then.  Otherwise, under the
>rules, I could submit a statement that says, for example:
>
>"Rule 152 reads as follows: Changes to the state of the game may only be
>made via a Proposal or via an Action which is permitted by the Rules. "
>
>...which would be judged true because, indeed, rule 152 currently reads
>that way.  At which point rule 152 becomes unrevisible because the
>judgment would have the force of law.  In this way I could engrave in
>stone any rule I wanted to by issuing a CFJ verifying its current wording.
>
>						Glotmorf

Even better...I try to engrave a rule in stone, but the judgship falls into the hands of someone who doesn't like the rule, and who then says, "Nope, sorry, that's false."  As a result, rule 152 doesn't say anything in particular; all we know is that it doesn't say what it says it says.

Gawd, I'm replying to my own replies now.  Someone fedex me a life?