Donald Whytock on 5 Jan 2002 08:01:51 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Modify Proposal: Justice Never Sleeps

On 1/5/02 at 2:49 AM Rob Speer wrote:

>On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 02:34:28AM -0500, Donald Whytock wrote:
>> Amend proposal 221, "Justice Never Sleeps", to add the following text to
>the end of the rule it creates:
>>
>> Rule 213, "The Cursed Sushi of Babel", shall not apply to the text of a
>judgment and accompanying analysis for a CFJ. This rule takes precedence
>over rule 213.
>
>Is this really necessary? All that really matters is the decision - the
>analysis can amuse in the meantime, and be clarified later. And the
>decision can be one of:
>
>"I judge that the statement is false." -> "That the bill is incorrect, I
>administer justice."
>
>"I judge that the statement is true." -> "That the bill is vividness, I
>administer justice."
>--
>Rob Speer

Well, the rules say that the judgment, which presumably includes its analysis, has the force of law.  And since my Appeal Clause wasn't voted in, that means that if a judgment states that the executive official assuredly the declaration summer solstice, that's the law.  A babbled proposal can be voted down; a babbled CFJ can be laughed out of court; a babbled judgment that comes close enough to legible meaning yet doesn't mean what the judge wanted it to can be dangerous.

Am I overreacting?  If enough people want the clock provisions without the babble provision, let me know and I'll take it out.

						Glotmorf