Antonio on 27 Dec 2001 22:11:59 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: I'm in a Nomic state of mind.

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:28:05 -0500, Rob Speer <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 03:11:43AM -0500, Donald Whytock wrote:
>> The Administrator must observe all activity on the business forum; therefore this would make the business forum part of the game state.  Which would mean we'd have to submit proposals in order to email the business forum...
>
>That isn't specified in the rules.
>
>I could list everything that is part of the game state, but then that
>list would have to be kept up to date, and that wouldn't be fun. I think
>this works very nicely. It even prevents things like "I change the Ballot
>to..." (for now, have a little common sense and don't do that, okay?)

The Ballot is one of the few things that are actually well defined by the
ruleset (rule 23: if a proposal was recognized it's on the ballot), you
cannot aritrarily change it just by declaring so.
Actually, few things (if any) are left that can be arbitrily changed at
will as rule 152:State Changes would'nt allow it (or at least it makes it
possible to issue a CFJ)
--
Antonio